Now that Chris and I are engaged, I’m pretty much legally committed to football season as well. I’ve never really been a football fan (my family was more of the soccer types) but when we moved from Austria to Boston, we found ourselves in Patriot nation. I’ll be honest and say that I really do enjoy watching the Patriots (and Tom Brady) and it is nice to have a team to cheer for, even though we live in California now– but I’m really just not that interested in the other games unlike my fiancee #soobsessed. There’s no getting around that this will be a big part of my life so I’m rolling with it and as long as I have Pinterest in front of me and I’m eating delicious food and perhaps sipping on a drink – I’m all good!
Which brings me to the main point of this post – easy game day eats! Well, easy gluten free game day eats. Since Chris is gluten free, I’ve been trying to find some good recipes that fit the typical game day fare, but that are okay for him to eat. Here are some of the recipes we love – and a few that I can’t wait to try:
- Crockpot Chili – My life changed forever when we got our crockpot (well thats a tad dramatic – but we love it). I follow this slow cooker chili recipe but add some taco seasoning in for a little bit more kick and add in black beans instead of peppers!
- Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips – now these aren’t a recipe, you simply by them in a bag but they are SO GOOD and taste just like Doritos (which Chris misses very, very much)! You can find them at Trader Joes and we eat them with salsa and guacamole or as an accompaniment to our chili.
- Pepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casserole – Incredibly easy to make, gluten free and tastes just like pizza but with less calories!
- Stacked Chicken Enchiladas – another easy, peasy recipe thats delicious.
- Parmesan Zucchini Sticks – use some marinara sauce for dipping!
- Rosemary & Sea Salt Sweet Potato Chip – so yummy!
- Rosemary garlic salted almonds – great for munching on during the game.
- Chicken Nuggets – just from the bag – Chris thinks Trader Joes GF nuggets are the best he’s tasted – so far.
Need To Try:
Have any fun GF game day recipes you love? Please share!